Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tally Lake Warbler Weekend!!!

The "Tally Lake WARBLER Weekend" 3rd annual camping trip was this June 11, 12, 13th this year.

The local Audubon reserves a section of the campground and we all just hang out and bird leisurely or vigorously depending on when you wake up and what you wanna see.

I was in Lewistown for half of the weekend, and I got to the campground around 8pm Saturday. By then, this is how much birding was going on at the moment...

Not bad! That evening I did hear a Red-eyed Vireo, which was a yearbird. Also, they had a singing TENNESSEE WARBLER all day and I got to hear it sing many times but we didn't see it :( maybe another time I will get a good look at one. I was pretty bummed but that wouldn't last for long....
the Dinner stove....yummy!
I got up at about 5:45ish and the sun peaked up at 6ish or so.
There was TONS of birds singing!
Yellow
Yellow-rumped
MacGillivray's
Orange-crowned Warblers
American Redstart
Northern Waterthrush
Dusky
Hammond's
Willow Flycatcher
Warbling
Cassin's Vireo
Chipping Sparrow
Swainson's Thrush
Black-headed Grosbeak
Western Tanager
and more!



The sun breaking in the dew was a great photo opportunity!!!
This Swainson's Thrush posed nicely, but a tad far away



- Red-naped Sapsucker
The crew viewing some Willow Flycatchers. It was a fantastic day for birds, and spending good time with friends!





(Above Photos - various images from wandering around the area)
Leslie Kehoe and I took a little noon hike and saw some Gray Jays and this little guy!!

I ended the trip with my yearlist at 180 for the 2010. Not too bad but I am still missing lots and I need an out-of-state trip also!

1 comment: