Monday, August 31, 2009

Birding lacking on the birds, but large on the mammals. . . .

Honestly it has been so long since this trip, I can't remember exactly when it was, but my family and I went up to Logan Pass, in Glasier National Park, which is only 30 minutes or so from my house by car. I was hoping to see some good birds, and I did get to see a few American Pipits, White-crowned Sparrows, and 2 Gray-crowned Rosefinches. The most common lifeform at Logan Pass continues to be mammailian.
Family of Mountain Goats are onmipresent, and very tame.

Columbian Ground-Squirrel; very common around Flathead Valley, and in the high alpine areas the rim the valley.

View from the top of the Logan Pass boardwalk/trail. . . . . gorgeous, eh?

45 degree turn to the right form the last picture.
Next three shots are of my 2 favorite rodent alive in MT. The first I have only seen once, and coinsidentaly, I saw it at the same place. My first favorite rodent is the Pika, my second is this litttle cutie, the Golden-mantled Ground-Squirrel.


One big billy Mountain Goat
In the visitor center, I got a lifer! White-tailed Ptarmigan!!! To bad it was taxidermied.
On our way home, on the east side of the park, we came across this chocolate- Black Bear!! Woo hoo!!!

The end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment